Bright Futures in Distribution
Get a head start on your career path in the BlueSun Student Recruitment Program for University of Waterloo students. While other software development companies in Canada might place new recruits in minor roles, BlueSun opens a world of opportunities for UW grads and coop students.
For more information on our coop programs and other ways you can launch a career in mutual fund and insurance software development at BlueSun, contact us.
What kind of work awaits you? Learn more about the wealth management software products offered by BlueSun.
UW Grad Experiences at BlueSun
Why do I like to work at BlueSun? The people, the technology, the fun. The people make everyday worth it. The technology keeps you on your toes and always learning. The fun lets you, well, have fun!
- Chris Pellett, UW, Systems Design Engineering, Class of 2008
Working for BlueSun means that I know the work I am doing has an impact for the company. It gives me a chance to take on more responsibilities in a variety of roles. As with any job, the people that you work with make the difference. Having a relaxed and friendly environment with great co-workers is the best way to work.
- Todd Radigan, UW, Computer Engineering, Class of 2008
I chose to work at BlueSun because of the opportunity if afforded me to utilize and learn a broad range of skills while working with great people who are extremely knowledgeable and capable. I'm challenged on a daily basis which pushes me to continually improve myself both personally and technically.
- John Peart, UW, Computer Engineering, Class of 2005
BlueSun has a healthy culture of continual improvement and willingness to learn from mistakes. Employees are respected, trusted and pushed to succeed with the support of a close-knit team, making BlueSun a great place to work every day.
- Jeff Francis, UW, Computer Engineering, Class of 2004
Co-op Experiences at BlueSun
BlueSun is a great place to learn and develop as a programmer. The frequent social activities, such as video game nights and sports events, help create an open community that is fun to work in. The flexible work schedule makes it easy to schedule your commute.
- Chris, 4th year, Comp. Sci., University of Waterloo
Job postings and corporate profiles aside; what is it really like at BlueSun:
- Everyone within the company is friendly and helpful. Starting day one, I have felt comfortable approaching anyone with questions regarding my work and they will always take time to answer questions by helping me first understand the problem, and then exploring possible solutions
- The Flex Hours really suits my working habits. Rather than being set to a 9 – 5 schedule, I am able to start at 9:30 or 9:45 and work until 6:45 or 7:00
- As a coop, I am given real (sometimes complex) work that actually affects the outcome of a project; such as implementation of a solution or database design. This gives me not only a sense of accomplishment, but helps me learn a great deal by stretching my knowledge and thought process regarding how to approach problems
- Mike, 4th Year, B. Comp., University of Guelph
BlueSun is a fun and relaxed company where I’ve learned more in a term than I have in my past jobs combined. The small company environment allows me to take on as much as I’m willing to learn while being supported by people who know the business inside and out. It’s a company that really knows how to work hard and play hard.
- Greg, 2nd Year, Comp. Eng., University of Waterloo
Working at BlueSun has been my most rewarding work term yet. Being a part of a small company, I was able to work with a range of technologies which would not have been possible elsewhere. This also meant that I had great coworkers for help and support when I needed it. With the right balance of challenging work and fun BlueSun was a great place to work.
- Mashrur, 2nd Year, Electrical Engineering, University of Waterloo
BlueSun is a fun and dynamic work environment. The people are outgoing, helpful, and really know their stuff. BlueSun is committed to teamwork and regularly hosts fun events such as monthly sports and video game nights. They care about each employee and work to ensure that each employee is setting and achieving career and learning goals. Also, the kitchen is always stocked with tasty and healthy food and juice to keep you going throughout the day!
- Kevin, 4th Year, Comp. Sci., University of Waterloo